Restoration Speedy 1975 Civic

Civic 1973-1979 Projects
Speedy
Province/State:

Restoration Speedy 1975 Civic

Unread post by Speedy »

Hey all,

I'm really excited to be able to share my resto with all you guys, I hope you find it interesting. So if you read my New Member's post (link here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), then you know that at the beginning of my resto project I had 5 Civics on my property. Also there was this picture there of three civics being hauled at once on our rig:
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
The car I actually started with on my project was the '75 white car that is hanging off the end of the trailer. It was also the most incomplete car there :lol:
The car started out in this condition
image3.jpg
image3.jpg (201.52 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
I finished stripping out all the wiring and glass and absolutely everything on the car. Obviously there was no suspension so we stuck some super heavy duty old casters on a piece of 1-1/2" thick plywood and put it under the car as a single heavy duty dolly. After that I made the horrendous mistake of sending the car out on a trailer to a powder coating shop to have the entire shell sandblasted.
image4.jpg
image4.jpg (155.91 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
After Sandblasting
image5.jpg
image5.jpg (137.38 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
After Primer

Most of this project is occurring under a canopy on the side of my house, so we just had to put up some plastic as walls and used the canopy as a temporary spraybooth. Now I must say if you are ever considering having your car sandblasted... DON'T. DO NOT EVER HAVE YOUR FIRST GENERATION HONDA SANDBLASTED! EVER!!! Terrible mistake on my part because it warped the thin sheet metal that Honda used for these cars and weakened all of it as well. Anyways, the sandblasters were not very clear on when they expected it to be done so we ended up picking the car up from them earlier than they thought and they did not get the interior of the car blasted. So I went to harbor freight for a cheap spot blaster and ended up blasting the entire cabin myself and then doing primer-work to it.
Now I went to put some color on the car! Sort of. The engine bay got a coat of heat resistant engine enamel. Spray can stuff, that way I can easily touch up the engine bay if it gets scratched without having to tear out the engine to get a gun in there. Around the same time I bought a bunch of 3M spray undercoating and did the wheel-wells.
image6.jpg
image6.jpg (146.02 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
image7.jpg
image7.jpg (144.61 KiB) Viewed 8480 times

After that it was on to suspension. I bought brand new everythings for the suspension front and rear except for struts because I plan on getting the BC Racing setup at some point later on in my resto. Repainted a lot of old components, no detail will be spared here!
image8.jpg
image8.jpg (91.94 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
image9.jpg
image9.jpg (177.49 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
image10.jpg
image10.jpg (150.61 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
The Eagle has landed! Finally got four tires on the ground! Next I got to play with the engine. Pulled it from a parts car and completely rebuilt it. Crank polished, cylinders bored out 1mm over with flat top pistons instead of the stock dished type, new crank bearings (machine shop lost mine), Valve job done, cylinder head resurfaced, and everything top to bottom gets cleaned and a fresh coat of paint.

Whoops! too many pics already. I will continue posting on this tomorrow. More pics to come
Attachments
image11.jpg
image11.jpg (203.67 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
1975 Honda Civic Si Turbo
EW4 swap, 4x100/rear disc conversion
Not your grandma's car

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.