Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia
Province/State: South Australia
Hometown: Adelaide
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Unread post by Steph »

Yeah, it doesn't look green to me either now :?

Yep, it's satin black. I have to say, a can of the vinyl dye really doesn't go very far. I managed to do my grill, the scoop in the hood, and I barely had enough to do the squirters. I applied three coats to each.

I'm soo looking forward to putting the wheels on this weekend :D

I'm also going to paint the wheel wells in sound deadening black, and paint the calipers and brackets black too. There's nothing in there I want to show off really, although a single piston caliper is pretty unique :P

I still can't believe how well they work.

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

Got my car back from the mechanic today, and it turned out he didn't finish the job. He did manage to replace all the bushes, so at least that's out of the way. So I booked it in for next Friday, and he's going to do the brakes, struts, and rack boot/tie rod ends then. I'm really annoyed, as I wanted to finally fit my wheels this weekend :cry:

mielko
Projects
Projects
Netherlands
Province/State: Europe,holland

Unread post by mielko »

Steph wrote:
Mike S wrote:
Steph wrote:Now if I could just find one of those front aprons..
That looks like The Kamei air dam. Hobbyhorse05 (in Canberra) has the mold to make a fiberglass reproduction to suit the 1200. PM him.

Now stop all this fussing about with minor cosmetic details, get those bl**dy Watanabes on the car and take some photos!

MS
Haha, I've been putting it off until I had all the cosmetic details taken care of. One thing I learned at a very young age is that wheels transform a car. I remember as a kid my older brother buying his first car, it was a white XY GS Falcon which I didn't find to be a particularly nice looking car. Then one day he came home with brand new 12 slot rims and big tires and I couldn't believe it was the same car. From then on I had a real appreciation for what a nice set of wheels could do for a car's appearance. So to maximize the transformation, I wanted to have everything in top shape :wink:

I am soo going to contact Hobby Horse about that apron. I need to have the front apron resprayed, so that'll be a great time to have it fitted.

Thanks again Mike, :D

Steph

This is a dutch market place.I contacted this person.He told me start bidding 100E,so i think 101Euro,you can buy it.

http://auto-onderdelen.marktplaats.nl/o ... ind=3&fs=1

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

That has to be the longest HTTP address I have ever seen :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the link, and that one is made of ABS too. It would cost a small fortune to get it back to Australia.

Steph

moldy
PanaSport
PanaSport
Province/State: Tasmania, Australia

Unread post by moldy »

Hi Steph - you don't know me yet - but I'm down in Tassie. I just haven't been active on this forum for a while because I'm overseas at the moment. Just wanted to say that the car looks great - it's great to see another super looking civic down under. By the sounds of it, I'll be bugging you for lots of advice when I get back to my car in August.

If you're interested, a pic of my civic is here: viewtopic.php?t=10371

Richard.

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

Heya Richard,

I know who you are, as I've read your 'project' thread before, with particular interest in how the 'Civic' stripes turned out on your car, seeing we both have the same colour etc. I just had another look and I have to say, I'm seriously thinking about following suit. I look forward to hearing more from you soon :)

Steph

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

Pulled my front wheels off today, and then I de-greased the wheel well and used a high pressure cleaner to blast all the muck out. I'm not sure if Honda applied a coat of sealant/body deadener to the wheel wells, or whether it was just 32 years of accumulated road grime, but it sure was thick whatever it was. Once I managed to blast it all off I was happy to find that there wasn't a hint of rust in there, and the original paint was still intact and looked good. From there I painted on body deadener really thick in the hope of reducing road noise. I eventually plan on utilizing all methods of reducing cabin noise, and this was the first stage. On the weekend I'll do the rear wheel wells and fit my new wheels at the same time. Oh yeah, I painted the calipers so they didn't look daggy through the 8-spoke Watanabe rims.

Steph
Attachments
IMG_3040.jpg
IMG_3041.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg

bob78cvcc
LSD
LSD
Province/State: NJ

Unread post by bob78cvcc »

Looking good. Makes me want to paint my drums and calipers & support beams too. :)

freakynami
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Adelaide, SA

Unread post by freakynami »

Looking good indeed, very fresh look coming together there :)

Bill
LSD
LSD
United States of America
Province/State: ….
Hometown: ….
Model: —————-

Unread post by Bill »

looking good! keep up the good work, it is very inspiring!