Restoration: 1978 Honda Civic (1200) Part 1

Documenting body work and fabrication of repair panels.

1StGenOfDurham Restoration Project and other related topics
Randy
Administrator
Administrator
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Randy's 1978 Honda Civic (1200) Restoration Project Part Two

Unread post by Randy »

I have not been getting a whole lot of work on the rusty beast, been very busy doing dry-wall, plumbing and electrical work at my sons house. Some painting at my place and fixing my mother in-laws garage door botched by a contractor.

Also fixing up the little bit of rust and stone chips on my wife's Honda Fit. Meanwhile my daily driver suffers neglect! But she feeds me so that's ok. :186

I have removed the rest of the seam sealer inside the back of the car and assembled my new welding cart and dug out the bits to go on it and gathering the tools up hidden away in boxes around the house.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
Last night I started converting over the lighting in my garage from low temperature High-output fluorescent to LED, I have to make up my own conversion kit on the fly.

I took one of the old circle line fluorescent fixtures and and mounted it on a board and wheels for rolling under the car, since I dropped my trouble light from the loft to the garage floor and shattered the handle, the light still works but the hooks are broken off.

Does anyone know what bolts to use to mount the motor on the engine stand? I am needing more floor space.
Welcome to the Site.

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.