Projects
Projects
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Kemptville
Model: 1976 Hatchback

Steve's 1976 Honda Civic Restoration Project

Unread post by steve.ewing@ottawa.ca »

I started a new thread a year ago because this one got lost in a shuffle but is back so I will consolidate here the new with the original. Perhaps one of the admins could delete this one: http://1stgencivic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20143

by steve.ewing@ottawa.ca » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:54 pm
I'm back working on my car again. I had the engine overheat a few years ago and cracked the head. I got a new head and had it rebuilt and tried to hone the cylinders. The result was 2 unacceptably low compression cylinders and 2 marginal. After going back and forth between getting the engine rebuilt and buying a used one, I decided to pull it and rebuild it myself. I was already .50mm over so I was looking for .75 over. One of my best deals of all time came when I found 4 pistons, rings sets and pins on line auctions for under $80 CND delivered. I've had the block bored and have just finished installing the pistons. (side note: using the ring compressor I used to do my last rebuild circa 1987. Back when you could go to Honda and have your pick of parts).
Attachments
Block bottom.jpg
Block top.jpg
Honda on jacks.jpg

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.