Various Topics and help.
cyborgben
United States of America
Province/State: PA
Hometown: Ligonier
Model: 1974 Hatchback

Question 1200 vs civic

Unread post by cyborgben »

Hello, I am trying to put together a barn find civic with no hood or fenders. I am going to look at some parts this week. Can anyone tell me the difference in hood and fender measurements between the 1200 and the CVCC so that I know what I am looking at?.... or is there a telltale feature that would identify them?
I know the CVCC are longer, but that doesn't help if I am looking at a pile o parts in a guy's shed...
Thanks!
I don't want to be too demanding, but please try to be very specific about the dimension you are measuring.

Randy
Administrator
Administrator
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Re: 1200 vs civic

Unread post by Randy »

Check out the faq. Look at the forum the models. There you can find the differences by size and visually. Use the link below for info on the CVCC. I guess you have a 1200.

https://1stgencivic.com/forum/viewtopic ... 51&t=12770
Welcome to the Site.

EvoCivic
LSD
LSD
Australia
Province/State: NSW
Hometown: Sydney

Unread post by EvoCivic »

75-77 1500 (cvcc) has two intake vents at the back of the hood - dead giveaway.
73-77 1200 hood has a flat row of slots at the back.
78-79 bonnets have a single raised intake vent at the back but the two models are a bit of a different shape.
1200 bonnets have a bulge in the centre that goes from the intake vent at the back most of the way to the front, ending in a 'V'. 1500 bonnets are flat in the centre section.
Civic Garage for all your rubber seal and weatherstrip needs.

cyborgben
United States of America

thanks so much! that ought to do it. obviously i can just match up the fender length to the hood once identified.
hopefully i can get enough parts to put this thing together. unfortunately much of the car is in boxes and buckets and is non-running (a swapped ek1 in place...) the shed full of parts will help with extras and some 13 x 5.5 alloys too! i just wish more of it was together...
the goal is to get it running and make it into a ratty (not make it any worse intentionally) but clean survivor
thanks again, i am sure i will be needing lots of help... for years...

cyborgben
United States of America

oh, and i did check the FAQ.... the one at the top of the page that was all about the forum functioning and rules... i didn't realize the car specific one was down there. i will go through it before asking for help!
thanks again