shinyredthings
Projects
Projects
United States of America
Province/State:
Model: —————-

Build Ghostbusters Ecto-0.75

Unread post by shinyredthings »

To start this off, let me say that I'm the kind of person who gets into Halloween. Like, REALLY into Halloween. Every year I try to up myself, and this year was no exception. Inspired by the new Ghost busters movie, I decided that my wagon needed a facelift.

Before you get out your pitchforks and start shouting Y U ROON KLASSIK, let me point out that Henry's paint was bad, and he has some pretty good dents. I'm also into old cars to have fun, not create time capsules. So... onto the pictures.
4zyixd.jpg
Here's where I started, when I bought him a year ago. Blue on blue on blue. Love it.
fjqcts.jpg
Sanding. SO MUCH SANDING.
keukw5.jpg
Stripped of trim, sanded down, and ready to go in my ghetto driveway spray booth. Borrowed my friend's HF air compressor and used a HF $15 spray gun. I used Duplicolor - which was a terrible idea. Back to Rustoleum for me.
33kr69v.jpg
Half way there.
30ndlb7.jpg
Red roof going on.
1zz0x00.jpg
Right before spraying my last coat of clear, the wind picked up and stuck the side panel of my rapidly-deteriorating ghetto spray booth to the car. Choice words were said. Stupid nature.
1fbo7n.jpg
All done! Looking cranky because I hate doing things twice.
o94mk2.jpg
And suddenly... a Ghostbusters car! Apparently I forgot to take progress pics? The roof rack is a Honda one, but was badly dented one side. Probably could have been repaired, but it's gone to good use. Cross bars of aluminum angle bar to attach everything to. The 'equipment' consists of a scuba tank made from an AC duct, a can light, and a faucet. The revolving light is inside a bunt cake pan and a Tupperware container. There's a pool ladder, a lite-brie box, an office supplies box, a spool of air hose, and a 70s aluminum coffee urn as well. The rear light is an outdoor fitting, gutted and cut down, with a cheap light bar inside. There's a PA speaker as well. The decals are from Amazon, and the striping is high-heat all weather duct tape. We'll see how that holds up. The interior is still stock, minus stinky carpet.

Here are the lights working. They're not insanely bright, but a perfect level for this. Not too obnoxious at night, obvious, but you can still stand right next to the car without having a seizure.
k4bf4i.jpg
My dog and I had matching costumes. Excuse my awful wig here, I just jammed it on for photos before dusk.
5yrx3a.jpg
All dressed up - and SO GLAD the build is over. It was a total hit, sitting outside with the lights going for our Halloween party.

Living in Austin, there's a surprising amount of art cars. I'm excited to join the crazy, and help in keeping Austin weird.

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.