Matthew's 1979 Honda Civic (ZR)

Modifications and specifications from old site Garage.
Randy
Administrator
Administrator
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Matthew's 1979 Honda Civic (ZR)

Unread post by Randy »

matthew_w1_small.jpg
matthew_w1_small.jpg (2.33 KiB) Viewed 14729 times
Description

Currently in New Zealand

Vehicle Specifications
Wheels: Enkei 13inch Mags
Tires: Avon Formula Ford tires
Exhaust:
Horsepower:
Transmission:
Weight: ------ lbs.
Performance Modifications
Interior Modifications
Autosport New Zealand Race Seat fitted, Simpson 4 point harness fitted, Roll cage inserted, Interior stripped, and MotorMeter
Exterior Modifications
Sound System
This is a 1979 EB3 Honda Civic ZR. No I didn't just make up the name ZR. It was a special type of first gen civic that was only produced in New Zealand. The ZR was the best performance Civic available at in New Zealand at the time. The RS was not available in New Zealand. The things they added to make ZR's were: Twin 35 Side Draught Dellerto carburetor, 12 inch Cheviot Mags and better Cams. The ZR was only available as a EB2 or a small amount of EB3's.
This Car was bought off a Honda New Zealand employee as half complete race project in 1998 along with a complete SB1 Honda New Zealand Prepared Race/Rally car. And many many boxes filled with spare parts that he had kept. Since then car has had a repaint and: a new hood, New bumpers, Enkei 13inch Mags fitted, Avon Formula Ford tires fitted, Auto sport New Zealand Race Seat fitted, Simpson 4 point harness fitted, Roll cage inserted, Interior stripped and a new rocker cover fitted and Motor Meter Taco.
In the near future I plan to lower the car by inserting platforms into the springs and building a new engine using an EN1 block, crank, rods and pistons as well as a EB3 head and ZR cams. Also I am going to fit a RS 4-2-1 exhaust. Also I am getting some light weight fiberglass race seats made to fit, light weight being about 4or5 kgs. So if anybody whats any e-mail me at matthew@lotus.co.nz . We can also make them out Carbon Fiber if you want a really light seats (about 2kgs not including runners) Also I am interested in purchasing a Aim Dam for the front of the car (If anybody has one for sale) Or I will buy one off the net. Later I plan to get a Subaru WRX hood scoop and mount that on the hood to get some more air into the carburetor.
Yahoooo the car went great, Apon a sooner meeting that was held. In Late August the car was take out to Pukekohe Race Track, North of Auckland, New Zealand for a "Driver Training Day. At the hair-pin we were getting on two wheels!!!! Also I have fitted a Original Honda New Zealand "WildCat" racing wheel. The carburetor have also been tuned so they run better and the position of the springs has also changed. Still waiting to make the seats but they're going to be great. Also I would like to fit a set of M3 style mirrors to the car. Any questions just drop me a line. Will update in the next 3 weeks as I will be inserting the coil overs in the near future.
I would like to thank Ken Woodburn from www.lotus.co.nz for lots and lots of help with the car and Jim Christopher for the repaint!
!!!HONDA ROCKS !!!
Matthew
matthew_w1.jpg
matthew_w1.jpg (19.94 KiB) Viewed 14729 times
matthew_w2.jpg
matthew_w2.jpg (18.42 KiB) Viewed 14729 times
matthew_w3.jpg
matthew_w3.jpg (18.13 KiB) Viewed 14729 times
matthew_w4.jpg
matthew_w4.jpg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 14729 times
matthew_w5.jpg
matthew_w5.jpg (16.17 KiB) Viewed 14729 times