1st gen sleeve type collapsible beverage holder

Buy & Sell, Group Buys, Vendors.
No commission or discounts are paid to this site.
steve.ewing@ottawa.ca
Projects
Projects
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Kemptville
Model: 1976 Hatchback

1st gen sleeve type collapsible beverage holder

Unread post by steve.ewing@ottawa.ca »

I'm planning to do a run of drink insulators with a 1st gen logo on them. I found a place that will do 25 of them. Stephan (koojer55) has gererously agreed to let me used a slightly altered version of his rising sun graphic for the design. I figure I can provide them for about $2.50 USD each including packaging (shipping extra). If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm going to ordering them today. Not sure on turn around time.

In case anyone is interested, I just read this on their site:
For second side imprint
IMPRINT CHARGE
Running Charge $0.10
Drink holder with stock graphic
Drink holder with stock graphic
Drink sleeve.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
I presume it means per unit.

They also say the price includes one color imprint which means I'll need to rework the image to remove the black. Any graphics guys out there willing to help out?

Here's the red and white version. This will be the one that's used.
image.png
I borrowed the art work from the "window sticker" thread. The artist is Stephan (koojer55). He was kind enough to agree to me using the file for my project. For permission, he'd be the guy to see. I noticed the similarity between this file and what you have planned. I suspect you'll need a vectorized version to get the size you want with clean lines.
Last edited by steve.ewing@ottawa.ca on April 14th, 2011, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve.ewing@ottawa.ca
Projects
Projects
Canada

I got a surprising message back from the cool cup company and it seems there are set-up fees that aren't included in the check out process. ("I understand the confusion in the ordering process and we hope to have it resolved soon. ") So the total now without shipping and customs charges is $77.25. I don't know what the final total will be but I expect each one will end up being around $5 US each + shipping. For anyone who'd like to back out, I totally understand. I'll post again when they arrive with a rough total and you can let me know then if you're in or out.

The art work was to go to the vendor this morning so hopefully the end product is near. I've upped the quantity to 50 so there will be enough for everyone who's asked so far and hopefully enough to keep in store for a few future requests. We can all thank Steph for the great work she did working with the supplier to come up with a useable vector file. I think these things will be very cool. I'll let you all know when they're done and get them out to all of you as quickly as possible so we can start enjoying some cool summer drinks.

steve.ewing@ottawa.ca
Projects
Projects
Canada

They made it

I finally worked out a drop off with UPS and got the box tonight after work. I think they came out fantastic. The art work is dead on, the application is flawless and the sleeves themselves are actually thicker than I expected so they will be more effective whether you have a coffee in it or a nice cool one. I guess I braced you for the price but with the larger order, I can still provide them for $5 each. Shipping will be the exact amount that it costs me to put them in an envelope and have the nice postal worker stamp it. This is the list I have of those who expressed interest.

Designer Dog x2
RockPrawn x2
smogguy x2
crzn2getha x4
HappyJack x2
Mike and Pete (Thor) x4
HondaCarCare1 x2
Vulcan x?
ac1 x2
bob78cvcc x2

I am still offering outs for anyone who has changed their mind. For those of you who are still in, I will need shipping addresses to get you your totals. Keil, you said you were in but did not indicate an amount. 1 or 2? or more?. Steph, I'll need a shipping address so I can get you yours and so I can pop in the next time I'm in wine country. If anyone else still wants in or if I've forgotten anyone, I have more.
Attachments
test fit.jpg
test fit.jpg (147.03 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
Box full.jpg
Box full.jpg (137.82 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

ac1
JDM
JDM
Province/State: San Gabriel Valley, CA

Unread post by ac1 »

Oh Yeah!, this is how we do it!

thanks Steve!
Attachments
beverage holder.JPG
beverage holder.JPG (71.96 KiB) Viewed 1675 times

bob78cvcc
LSD
LSD
Province/State: NJ

Unread post by bob78cvcc »

Steve, very nice work! Got mine today. Only 100 degrees outside plus high humidity. Enjoying a Guinness. Cheers. :)
Attachments
Civic Coolers 1 (426 x 600).jpg
Civic Coolers 1 (426 x 600).jpg (61.9 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
78 Civic CVCC

It's just a Civic thing :)

steve.ewing@ottawa.ca
Projects
Projects
Canada

They also come in handy to keep your beer from freezing while you flood your rink at -24C.
Attachments
100_0956.JPG
100_0956.JPG (120.97 KiB) Viewed 1709 times